Artist Clari Netzer was born in 1961 in Monterrey, N.L, Mexico. She is the youngest daughter of Rumanian Jews and Holocaust survivors who immigrated to Mexico in mid 1950’s.
She is a self-taught artist, discovered her passion for painting and art early.
In Mexico she was attracted by the Primitive Art of different cultures that lived in ancient Mexico, the folklore and Mexican Art History, this influence is considerably noticeable in her artworks and in her activities as an Israeli artist today.
In 1983, after graduation and with a B.A degree in Communication Sciences from the University of Monterrey, the artist born in Mexico decided to immigrate to Israel.
Over the years in Israel, Clari Netzer has worked in various areas, including 11 years as Import and Purchasing Manager for a leading private owned company in worldwide selective cosmetics products.
Longing to express her desire to develop creative art led her to leave the management career and devote herself to art.
Her paintings are displayed in Exhibitions in Israel and abroad and can be found in public and private collections, she coordinates projects for the promotion of Israeli artists and cultural exchanges. She also gives lectures to promote the status of women in the arts.
Member of the The Israel Painters&Sculptors Association, Haifa&North, actually resides and works in Carmiel, Israel.
As with the Aztecs who believed in dualism, artist Clari Netzer uses contrasting elements which eventually come to balance and harmony. Her artworks show a prominent harmonious composition, symbolism and figures that add a dimension of mystery to the pictorial narrative, yet are full the senses and share meticulous aesthetics.
The colors, lines and forms are a continual challenge that leads her to constantly experiment with new styles, from figurative to abstraction, she introduces the viewer to originality and creativity of her own vision.
Rather than the often conventional subject matter, Clari Netzer’s art expresses much more than literal representation: the colors, the movement and sometimes the contradictory compositions bring forth the power of the painting.
- March 2012- “Art in Vogue 100 Contemporary Artists”- the new art book in Masters of Today Collective Art Book Series at World of Art Publishers.
- October 2011- http://www.embassyofisrael.co.uk/culture/whats-on/
- October 2011- http://www.artrustee.com/galleries/exhibitions/article/4-art-event/204-clari-netzer-at-the-parallax-art-fair/22-Itemid
- September 2011-
- April 2011– “Smile project”- ~ International Goodwill Outreach to Children by Ministry of Culture in Poland
- · February 2011- Jewpi.com (Jewish Press International)– http://www.jewpi.com/the-art-of-clari-netzer/
- · February 2011-Forojudio.com-http://forojudio.com/bin/forojudio.cgi?ID=3585&q=59
- · May 2010- 3/1 Pages interview Magazine “Vida Universitaria”, the official journal of the Universidad de Nuevo Leon, Mexico http://vidauniversitaria.uanl.mx/flama/numero-233/1190-clari-netzer-pintora-que-difunde-la-cultura-mexicana-en-israel.html
- · May 2010- “Homage to Glyuk”-main Russian portal in Israel http://irap-isr-ru-cis.tripod.com/id1.html
- · December 2009- 1/8 Page Yedihot HaAchronot, main Israeli journal.
- · December 2009- 1/1Page interview “Tachles“, the Galilee journal.
- · October 2009- Radio interview- Radio Jai-Argentina:
- · May 2008 – 2/1P- “Livre des Artistes Israeliens” art book for collectors. Worldwide distribution. Published by La Gazette des Arts, France in commemoration of 60 years of the State of Israel.
- · December 2007-“Homage to Frida”‘– Top art news http://www.absolutearts.com/artsnews/2008/01/07/34835.html
- · November 20071/1 P -“Now #2”, published and distributed by the leading Israeli Art magazine “Auction
- 2009- “From Mexico to Galilee”- Yad LaBanim, Rishon LeZion.
- 2008 –“From Mexico to Galilee” – Beit haGvulot Gallery, Metula.
- 2008-“Homage to Frida” (in commemoration of Frida Kahlo’s Centenary Birth). Gallery 21, Carmiel.
- 2007 –”Protected space”. Gerard Bachar Center, Jerusalem.
- 2007-“The Power of Color”, Carmiel Municipality .
- 2007-“Mejicana”. Picasso Gallery, Castra Arts Center, Haifa.
- 2006 -“Ethnic Yearning”. Culture Palace, Carmiel.
- 2012-“Marginal Illumination”, Culture Palace, Carmiel
- 2012– “Art Ltd.”- Hatachana Site, Tel-Aviv
- 2012– “Marginal Illumination”, Yodfat Gallery.
- 2011-“Parallax Art Fair”, La Galleria-Royal Opera Arcade, Pall Mall, London,UK
- 2011-“La Loteria”, Borderline projects- Observatory art and cultural center, NY, U.S.A
- 2011- “Beit HaAm Gallery”, Rishpon
- 2010– “Color Latino Bet Gabriel”, Bet Gabriel-Kinneret.
- 2010-“Women in the Arts”, Museum of Americas, Florida, U.S.A
- 2009 –”Color Latino 2009″, Culture Palace, Rishon LeZion
- 2008 –”Together”, Beit Hagvulot Gallery, Metula.
- 2008-“EXPO 2008”, Theater of Jerusalem
- 2008-2009-“In our Memories”, National Juried Competition and itinerary show. Opening Air Force House, Hertzlia.
- 2008-“Livre des Artistes Israeliens”, Beit Asia, Tel-Aviv.
- 2008-“Livre des Artistes Israeliens”, Atelier Z: Centre Culturel Christiane Peugeot- Paris.
- 2007 -“Color Latino”, International Conventions Center, Haifa.
- 2007-“Now #2”. Theater of Haifa.
- 2007-“Art&Society”. Castra Arts Center, Haifa.
- 2007-“Femina”. Auditorium Theater City of Akko.
- 2007 -“Femina”. Group Exhibition, Castra Arts Center, Haifa
Initiatives and Project Coordinator
- Color Latino-Bet Gabriel Art Exhibition of Latin-Americans Artists.
- Salon de Arte– artists training and workshops.
- Paintings Exhibition of Gavriil Martinovych Glyuk and Carpathians-Russians Artists of the XX Century-Russian Cultural Center in Tel-Aviv.
- Color Latino 2009-Art Exhibition of Latin-Americans Artists in commemoration of the Bicentennial Anniversary of Independence of Latin America-Culture Palace, Rishon LeZion.
- Lectures :” Frida Kahlo’s life and art”, “Women in the arts”, “Women and Fat Art Movement”, “Modigliani’s Women”, “The Femme Fatale in the arts”, “Faces and Traditions” (Indigenist Art).
Participation in Worldwide Art Projects:
- February 2011 – “Smile Project“- Invitation by the Ministry of Culture in Poland
- April 2010 – Showcase winner- www.artslant.com (International Web contest and virtual Exhibition)
- March 2009 – “Fresh Paint” Art Fair- “secret card” project, Tel-Aviv
- March 2008 – “Fresh Paint” Art Fair- “White project”, Tel-Aviv
- April 2007 – Dec 2008 – medial 2. Art biennial www.artaddiction.net (International Web contest and virtual Exhibition- Honorable Award Diploma of Excellence).
Free To Go
Following the Aztecs mythology the butterfly means “transformation”, a reborn. Using a vibrant array of colors and contrasts – I intend to express a range of emotion that stimulate the eye and the mind, the joy of being Free and do what I love most: art.
Living Nature I
Day and Night, heat and cold, are shown in same plane, The concept of nature as a whole. While in the arts is common to paint “still life” I prefer to paint “living nature” as my truly admiration to the wonderings of nature.
Day and Night are shown in same plane, using a vibrant array of colors, shadows and contrasts. The geometric figures and the spread of color suggest an old ship which adds a dimension of mystery to the pictorial narrative: the powers of newly awakened experiences or the consciousness that new senses are first awakened to life.